If you love good design, problem solving, and helping inspired people exceed their goals, we’d love to meet you. We’re looking for a curious and motivated web developer to join our team and grow with us by bringing a unique perspective to the projects we undertake.Studio123 is a Canadian design agency.
We help inspired people, businesses, and organizations succeed through strategic thinking, creative ideas and good design. We build creative campaigns that drive digital engagement.
Studio123 values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at Studio123 means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.Web Developer
Sudbury, Ontario or remote
The Web Developer will assist the development team in building front-end and back-end experiences that are intuitive, simple and effective for all users. The Web Developer will work closely in a collaborative environment to ideate, design, plan and build sustainable websites and web applications.Here’s the type of person we’re looking for. You might be:
- A designer that has an interest in development. You’ve even coded your own website, or game, or thingamajig for fun!
- An experienced developer looking to hone your front-end skills and bring beautifully designed websites to life with the highest fidelity possible
- A recent grad in a creative field with a lot of experience building websites and web applications for fun, friends or freelance clients
Under the supervision of the Director of Digital and in collaboration with the development team, the Web Developer will:
- Develop websites with a high degree of design fidelity, based on approved designs;
- Develop and configure custom WordPress back-end solutions to allow for easy and efficient editing of client websites and to satisfy project requirements;
- Consult on development solutions based on design challenges present in client projects;
- Prioritize load speed and responsive development;
- Track project progress using GitHub, and project management and time-tracking software;
- Communicate with clients on project progress, as needed;
- Review project deliverables for quality control;
- Collaborate with developers, designers, content strategists and project directors.
- Curious and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional understanding of the web
- Creative and innovative. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Highly passionate about design and web
- Desire to explore evolving web trends while having a strong understanding of programming foundations
- Experience with Git and version control
- Excellent understanding of the creative process
- Excellent understanding of Figma and other design prototyping tools.
- Ability to deliver production-ready websites
- Interest in technology, awareness of latest trends and developments in the digital world.
- Ability to speak, read and write in French will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of VPS server configuration for web will be considered an asset
Starting at $45,000 annually, plus profit sharing. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Profit-sharing after one full-time fiscal quarter
- Paid vacation, additional paid days off, and paid sick days
- $1,500 in annual healthcare and dental coverage
- Salon and barber allowance
- Personal and professional development fund
- Play Around time
- Flexible work hours and location
- Opportunity to work with international clients
- Studio123 swag
September 30th, 2022
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and portfolio of previous work to:
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.